CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
Moist and gooey chocolate decadence
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Baking Time: 25 mins
Makes: 6 muffins
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Chocolate chips
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Preheat your oven and line a muffin tin with 6 muffin cases.
- Take ¼ cup milk at room temperature and add the lemon juice to it. Let it sit there for about 10 minutes. You will notice the milk starts curdling. This is perfect and exactly what you need. A slightly acidic batter helps keep baked goods moist and tender by breaking down long, tough strands of gluten.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt to a mixing bowl. Mix with a spoon.
- Create a well in between and break an egg into it. Use a whisk now and start mixing.
- Slowly add the melted butter. Everything will start sticking together. Don’t worry.
- Gently pour in the curdled milk and continue whisking till the batter becomes smooth.
- At the end add about ¼ cup chocolate chips to the batter and stir them in.
- Use a spoon to scoop the batter into the muffin cases. Do not fill the muffin cases to the brim as the batter needs space to rise. I fill each case a little more than half.
- Sprinkle each muffin with a few more chocolate chips on the top.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 25 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Insert a toothpick at the end of 25 minutes to check if they are done. They should be.
- Cool for 10 minutes and admire the chocolate heaven you just created.
- Staring at these delightful muffins and taking
that first chocolatey bite is pure bliss! Go get your bliss now.
I use standard cup and spoon measures
I bought my chocolate chips from Sainsbury's (see pic below)