FRESH CHERRY MUFFINS
Shockingly easy to make fresh cherry muffins
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Baking Time: 20 mins
Makes: 6 muffins
- ½ cup self-raising flour + 2 tsp self-raising flour
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1-2 tsp brown sugar (optional)
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 7-10 fresh red cherries
- A pinch of salt
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat your oven and line a muffin tin with 6 muffin cases.
- Add the flour and sugar to a mixing bowl. Mix with a spoon.
- Create a well in between and break an egg into it. Mix gently.
- Now add the oil, pinch of salt and vanilla essence, and whisk well till everything is combined. If the batter seems too dry, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of milk.
- Add the baking powder at the end and gently whisk the batter 1-2 times again. You do not have to whisk vigorously. Just whisk gently so that everything is combined well and the batter is smooth.
- Chop the cherries roughly and deseed them. Throw the chopped cherries into a bowl and add 2 teaspoons of self-raising flour to them. Mix gently to coat the cherries with the flour.
- Now gently tip the cherries into the batter and mix so that the cherries are evenly distributed.
- Use a spoon to scoop the batter into the muffin cases. Do not fill the muffin cases to the brim as the batter needs space to rise. I fill each case a little more than half.
- Sprinkle each muffin with a little bit of brown sugar. This step is optional.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Insert a toothpick at the end of 20 minutes to check if they are done. They should be!
- Cool for 10 minutes and bite into these fresh, juicy, yummy muffins.