BLUEBERRY LEMON TREATS WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS
I love almost anything and everything to do with blueberries. Muffins with blueberries in them are such a delight, and these are exactly that and even better! Big juicy blueberries baked in the goodness of lemon curd and topped with chocolate chips! I know you’re thinking if it sounds so good, how wonderful would it be to bite into them. These treats make a great afternoon tea addition or the perfect end to a summer party.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Baking Time: 20 mins
Makes: 12 muffins
- 1/8 cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup lemon curd (see notes)
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp grated lemon peel
- 1 cup plain flour + 2 tsp plain flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- Chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
- Add the egg, yogurt, melted butter and lemon peel into a bowl and whisk until blended.
- To the blended mix, now add flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda and combine well.
- Throw the blueberries into a bowl and add 2 teaspoons of plain flour to them. Mix gently to coat the berries with the flour.
- Now gently tip the blueberries into the batter and stir again so that they are even distributed.
- Use a spoon to scoop the batter into the muffin cases. Do not fill the muffin cases to the brim as the batter needs space to rise.
- Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on the top of each muffin batter.
- Place the muffin tin in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Take out of the oven once the tops are golden brown and leave to cool.
- Now go indulge yourself!