FRESH HOME MADE GUACAMOLE
There are a zillion guacamole recipes on the internet. I notice that there really is no standard way of making guacamole. So here is my version of this avocado dip. Its fresh, tasty, superbly easy to whip up and can be on your plate in less than 10 minutes.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Makes: A small bowl
- 2 avocados
- ½ a small onion
- ½ a small tomato
- 2 pods of garlic
- 1 green chilli
- A bunch of fresh coriander leaves (roughly ½ a cup when chopped)
- 1 tsp sour cream
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt to taste
- Destone the avocados and scoop the flesh out using a spoon.
- Roughly chop the onion, tomato, green chilli and coriander leaves.
- Pound the garlic coarsely.
- Put everything into a blender. Add the lemon juice, sour cream and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Blend to desired consistency.
- Check for salt and lemon juice. Add more if required.
- Dip in your nachos and enjoy your homemade fresh guacamole.
- Get your favourite movie on too!
If you are vegan, you can make this without the sour cream. I just feel that the sour cream gives it a nicer consistency but really it does taste good even without it.