Cloud eggs are basically egg beauties! They are fluffed up egg whites, baked to perfection and sure to bring a smile to anyone who makes them or eats them. They have taken the internet by storm and that’s why I decided to try them as well. Recipes vary, mine is simple to make and sure to impress!
Preparation Time: 7 mins
Baking Time: 5 mins
- 1 egg
- Black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh coriander leaves (optional)
- Separate the yolk from the egg white.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper for taste to the egg white and start beating it. Basically, keep beating it till you can beat no more!
- As you all probably know by now I love my old fashioned spiral egg beater as its too much trouble to use an electric egg beater for just one egg.
- I used that and whipped the egg white for about 5-6 minutes till I got stiff foam (see pic).
- Using a spoon, scoop the foam onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. The foamy texture is actually quite simple to shape and you can easily create a cloud like form. I created two clouds out of the one egg I had whipped.
- Using the back of the spoon create a small hollow in one of the clouds and gently slip your egg yolk into it. I placed some fresh coriander leaves to make the other cloud look pretty.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese onto both the clouds and pop them into the oven at 180 degrees C for 5 minutes.
- Your cloud egg beauties are ready to show off to the world!
- Mmmmmm….they are delicious too.
Try different toppings to decorate your cloud eggs and send me pictures.