CASHEW GINGER BALLS
These cashew ginger balls are the perfect pick-me up, when the hunger pangs grow on you. They make for a super healthy snack and are so easy to carry in your bag. They take just about 10 minutes to make and are vegan! Its time to gift yourself a small box of cashew ginger balls or bombs, whatever you like to call them.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 8 balls
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1-1.5 tsp ginger powder
- Place the cashews and rolled oats in a mixer and blitz till they crumble.
- Add the cashews and continue grinding till you get a crumbly powder.
- Add about 1-1.5 teaspoons of ginger powder. You can add more or less, based on your likeness for ginger.
- Grind once more to ensure everything combines well.
- Now take out this mixture into a bowl.
- Start picking up some in your hands and pressing it tightly in your palms to form a ball.
- The mixture might look like powder with small pieces of cashew but you will soon find that it sticks together.
- It’s not too hard to make about 8 small balls out of it. Let them sit in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow them to set.
- Store in an airtight box in the fridge and grab one whenever hungry.
- Don’t forget to share with your friends as well.
Incase you have trouble making balls, you can try adding 1-2 teaspoons of almond butter to the mixture to make it easier to make balls. I have not used any almond butter in the recipe above and just used my bare hands to press the mixture into balls.
Post a Comment