If you think oats make for a boring breakfast, it’s time to think again. This morning staple gets a major upgrade when you mix in some Indian spice powders and turn these oats into a delicious smelling and tasting pancake. Oat pancakes are super healthy and are sure to become a regular at the breakfast table. They are loaded in dietary fibre and have a range of healthy cholesterol-lowering properties. You’ve got a new reason to rise and shine!
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 12 mins
- ½ cup rolled oats
- Olive oil (as required)
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Whiz the rolled oats in a blender till they turn into a fine flour form. This should take about 30 seconds.
- Mix the oats flour, chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add about ½ cup water and whisk to make a smooth paste. Keep aside for about 3 minutes.
- Heat a pan and spray or drizzle oil olive on it.
- Now spread the batter on the pan. This batter is a bit thick and you can spread it out nicely with the back of a spoon. If it’s too thick, you could add 1-2 teaspoons of water to it.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Uncover and cook for another 2-3 minutes to make it crispy.
- Serve hot with coriander and green chilli chutney.
This recipe makes just one pancake, so double your ingredients based on how many people you are serving.
For added flavour and texture, add ¼ cup gramflour to the oats flour.
You can also experiment by adding chopped onions, green chillies, fresh coriander or any other vegetables you like.