STUFFED BAKED PEPPERS
Enjoy the flavours of spiced potatoes in roasted peppers in this easy to make vegetarian recipe. Make this if you love color on your plate and if you’re looking for something a little bit different than your regular mash. On the table and ready to eat in less than 45 minutes-this will quickly become a new party favourite.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- A splash of olive oil
- 2 potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 2-3 mixed peppers
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1-2 green chillies (optional)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder or more if you like it hotter
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp curry powder (garam masala)
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Garlic granules (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Grate the boiled potatoes in a bowl.
- Add all the dry spices, the cumin seeds, turmeric, green chillies, red chilli powder, coriander powder, curry powder and salt. Throw in the coriander leaves too. Mix well using a spoon or a pair of clean washed hands.
- Chop off the heads of the peppers and remove all seeds.
- Now stuff each pepper with the potato filling. Sprinkle some garlic granules on top of each.
- Brush the outside of each pepper lightly with olive oil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Centigrade.
- Sprinkle with generous amounts of crispy onions and serve hot.
You can add a variety of toppings such as grated cheese, corn, cauliflower couscous etc. Create your own toppings. Make this recipe your own! This is what I used.