Brussels sprouts can be a wonderful side dish if given the right treatment, but there's still a lot of haters out there. Prove them wrong! Try this chilli charred version with burnt garlic that everyone will love.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- 1.5-2 tbsp olive oil
- 250-300 gms brussel sprouts
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- Lemon juice, about ½ a lemon
- Salt to taste
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the brussels sprouts and cook for 4-5 mins until just tender, then drain and leave to cool a little before slicing in half vertically.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes. Now add the chilli flakes and about ¼ teaspoon of salt to the oil.
- Put your brussel sprouts in and leave them to cook for around 8-10 minutes. We want to make them charred so don’t worry if you see them turning blackish brown. That’s what we want!
- You will need to flip them over with a pair of tongs to ensure they brown on both sides. Sprinkle some more salt and lemon juice.
- Serve hot and garnish with the burnt garlic left in the pan.