Recipe Contribution: SHWETA AGARWAL
Khandavi is a traditional savoury snack from the state of Gujurat in India. It is also popularly eaten in Maharashtra. This quick and delicious Indian style appetizer or snack is perfect for a light afternoon tea. The simple yet aromatic seasoning of sautéed mustard seeds, curry leaves, coriander and coconut makes this snack simply irresistible.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
2 tsp olive oil
½ cup gram flour
½ cup yogurt
1 cup water
½ tsp ginger paste
½ tsp mustard seeds
¼ tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Green chillies (optional)
Chopped coriander, shredded coconut for garnishing
- Take a blender and add gram flour, yogurt, salt, ginger paste, turmeric powder and water to it. Blend, till everything mixes thoroughly.
- Take a pan and add the blended mixture to it. Place the pan on a heat source and continuously stir the mixture till it thickens.
- Now switch off the heat. Take a tray and start spreading the thickened mixture thinly with the help of spatula.
- Allow to dry. Once dry, cut into strips about a finger width and start rolling them into pinwheels.
For the seasoning:
- Heat oil in a tadka pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter for a minute.
- Now add the curry leaves. You can add green chillies for making it spicy, but it is optional.
- Start adding the seasoning over the rolls.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and shredded coconut.
- Serve at room temperature.
- A cup of tea or coffee is a perfect accompaniment.